Styling Dark Furniture in Small Spaces
Some people tend to like dark furniture more than light ones; however, the color of the furniture should be chosen according to the space that’s available.
Interior designers recommend lighter shades of colors when your space is relatively small so it makes the space appear to be bigger than it is.
However, you can choose whatever colors you prefer but use them correctly and with the right elements. Bulky furniture makes your room appear smaller, so if you mix bulky furniture with dark colors it will limit the space you see in your room.
Give your room balance between dark colors and light colors to give you just the right amount of balance for your rooms.
The picture above is relatively very dark for the space and makes it look small even though it’s big, making more elements lighter would enlarge the overall room space.
Here are some tips to make your dark room appear big, even in small spaces:
- Add plenty of lighting to the room to make it look more spacious
- Add contrasting light colors to the furniture; for example, add light pillows to your dark couch
- Paint your walls with white or off-white to add space.
- Add bright-colored paintings
- Bedside tables should not be too tall or too short
- Not having enough pillows in your bedroom can make your bedroom seem incomplete
- How to set your dining room to fit with the space
- Laying the wrong flooring for kitchens as an interior mistake
- Ways to modernize your kitchen to fit 2021 trends
- Kitchen Organization Ideas
- Your Guide To Installing Wallpaper In Your Bedroom
- 5 Types of Plants That Can Be Used In Your Bedroom
- Small Kitchen Designs
- Types of Countertops
- Reasons Why To Have A Dressing Room
- Style Your Accent Pieces
- 5 Tips to Be Productive from the Comfort of Your Home
- 5 Different Types of TV Tables
- Beige is the New Black
- Smart Storage Solutions And Modern Design Ideas For Your Small Bedroom
- Color Oriented Living Rooms
- Curtain Mistakes
- Tips For Decorating Your Kid’s Bedroom
- Different Types of Tables in a Living Room
- How to Create your Minimalist Room
- How to Widen your Living Room
- Leather Living Room Furniture
- Living Room Accent Chairs
- The Connection Between your Furniture and your Emotions
- Tips for Arranging your Living Room
- Tips to Consider when Getting a Shoe Rack
- Tips to Consider When Getting a Sofa Bed
- Hanging Art Too High
- Too Much White Lighting Can Make your Space Feel Harsh
- Decorative Elements for your Garden
- Furniture you need in your Garden
- How to Choose the Right Plants for your Garden?
- Tips for Staying Productive While Working From Home
- How to Light Up your Garden
- Sofa Bed Instead of a Regular Bed
- Interior Design Mistakes
- Buying Furniture That's Too Big or Too Small
- How to Stop Choosing the Wrong Rug Size
- Not Varying in the Heights of your Furniture
- Styling Dark Furniture in Small Spaces
- 2021 Color Trends to Take Your Home Décor to The Next Level
- How to Take Measurements of Your House
- How to maintain your outdoor patio furniture?
- 5 نصائح لتكون أكثر إنتاجية وأنت مرتاح في بيتك
- White light effect