Not Varying in the Heights of your Furniture
One of the most common mistakes when furnishing your house is not achieving balance in your home. Achieving balance is important because it makes the space become more appealing and gives the eyes a place to rest.
One of the elements of achieving balance is to vary the heights of your furniture and decor. Having them all the same height looks a bit boring and not balanced, and as you can see below is an example.
Varying heights means that you should interchange between the heights of hanging things on the wall space, your light stand, the height of your curtains and so on.
To achieve this balance in heights you need to use your wall space efficiently. For example, get a huge and tall mirror to be paired with your furniture.
Yes, we’ve listed the mistakes and now we’ll help you do it right with some tips!
Make sure the painting(s)/mirror or any elements that’s on the wall above your couch or bed takes up at least 2/3 of the width of it.
Hang your curtains up high and they can even be in different heights to add to the variations and still look good.
Taking correct measurements saves the hassle of finding balance, know your space well and get your furniture and decor accordingly.
- Bedside tables should not be too tall or too short
- Not having enough pillows in your bedroom can make your bedroom seem incomplete
- How to set your dining room to fit with the space
- Laying the wrong flooring for kitchens as an interior mistake
- Ways to modernize your kitchen to fit 2021 trends
- Kitchen Organization Ideas
- Your Guide To Installing Wallpaper In Your Bedroom
- 5 Types of Plants That Can Be Used In Your Bedroom
- Small Kitchen Designs
- Types of Countertops
- Reasons Why To Have A Dressing Room
- Style Your Accent Pieces
- 5 Tips to Be Productive from the Comfort of Your Home
- 5 Different Types of TV Tables
- Beige is the New Black
- Smart Storage Solutions And Modern Design Ideas For Your Small Bedroom
- Color Oriented Living Rooms
- Curtain Mistakes
- Tips For Decorating Your Kid’s Bedroom
- Different Types of Tables in a Living Room
- How to Create your Minimalist Room
- How to Widen your Living Room
- Leather Living Room Furniture
- Living Room Accent Chairs
- The Connection Between your Furniture and your Emotions
- Tips for Arranging your Living Room
- Tips to Consider when Getting a Shoe Rack
- Tips to Consider When Getting a Sofa Bed
- Hanging Art Too High
- Too Much White Lighting Can Make your Space Feel Harsh
- Decorative Elements for your Garden
- Furniture you need in your Garden
- How to Choose the Right Plants for your Garden?
- Tips for Staying Productive While Working From Home
- How to Light Up your Garden
- Sofa Bed Instead of a Regular Bed
- Interior Design Mistakes
- Buying Furniture That's Too Big or Too Small
- How to Stop Choosing the Wrong Rug Size
- Not Varying in the Heights of your Furniture
- Styling Dark Furniture in Small Spaces
- 2021 Color Trends to Take Your Home Décor to The Next Level
- How to Take Measurements of Your House
- How to maintain your outdoor patio furniture?
- 5 نصائح لتكون أكثر إنتاجية وأنت مرتاح في بيتك
- White light effect