How to Stop Choosing the Wrong Rug Size
Do you think choosing rugs is the easiest task in furnishing your home? Well, think again, cause choosing the right size rug for your room can be tricky if you do not read this article!
There are some basic ground rules that you have to know in order to achieve a well balanced room in proportions.
Rule #1: If your rug only fits the coffee table, it’s the wrong size.
It makes the seating area less comfortable and less like a conversational area, which you probably wouldn’t want.
Rule #2: Measure your room
Measuring your room would allow you to know how big your rug should be and the orientation of your rug.
For living rooms, make sure that the rug passes the legs of the couch with 6 inches for the perfect size.
If your room’s size horizontally is bigger than vertically, then place your rug accordingly.
Rule #3: Be consistent
Choose how you want to place your furniture and stick to that same placement. If you want all of the legs of your couch to be on the rug then do the same for all other elements.
There are different variations of rugs and placements, so choose your favorite and stick to it. Here are some orientations to help you get started!
- Bedside tables should not be too tall or too short
- Not having enough pillows in your bedroom can make your bedroom seem incomplete
- How to set your dining room to fit with the space
- Laying the wrong flooring for kitchens as an interior mistake
- Ways to modernize your kitchen to fit 2021 trends
- Kitchen Organization Ideas
- Your Guide To Installing Wallpaper In Your Bedroom
- 5 Types of Plants That Can Be Used In Your Bedroom
- Small Kitchen Designs
- Types of Countertops
- Reasons Why To Have A Dressing Room
- Style Your Accent Pieces
- 5 Tips to Be Productive from the Comfort of Your Home
- 5 Different Types of TV Tables
- Beige is the New Black
- Smart Storage Solutions And Modern Design Ideas For Your Small Bedroom
- Color Oriented Living Rooms
- Curtain Mistakes
- Tips For Decorating Your Kid’s Bedroom
- Different Types of Tables in a Living Room
- How to Create your Minimalist Room
- How to Widen your Living Room
- Leather Living Room Furniture
- Living Room Accent Chairs
- The Connection Between your Furniture and your Emotions
- Tips for Arranging your Living Room
- Tips to Consider when Getting a Shoe Rack
- Tips to Consider When Getting a Sofa Bed
- Hanging Art Too High
- Too Much White Lighting Can Make your Space Feel Harsh
- Decorative Elements for your Garden
- Furniture you need in your Garden
- How to Choose the Right Plants for your Garden?
- Tips for Staying Productive While Working From Home
- How to Light Up your Garden
- Sofa Bed Instead of a Regular Bed
- Interior Design Mistakes
- Buying Furniture That's Too Big or Too Small
- How to Stop Choosing the Wrong Rug Size
- Not Varying in the Heights of your Furniture
- Styling Dark Furniture in Small Spaces
- 2021 Color Trends to Take Your Home Décor to The Next Level
- How to Take Measurements of Your House
- How to maintain your outdoor patio furniture?
- 5 نصائح لتكون أكثر إنتاجية وأنت مرتاح في بيتك
- White light effect