Having One Source of Light
We usually spend the vast majority of our time and effort while doing our home’s interior design, in choosing furniture pieces, having a décor to match with the trend and defiantly make the place appear spacious.
But have you done all this and your place seems to be telling you that you’re missing out on something which you can’t really put your hands on.
Your place might be lacking sources to light up the space properly. This is a mistake that might seem obvious and naïve. However, you’ll be astonished by the huge impact it has when its properly set.
While you’re still planning on how to light up your home, the most important point to notice is how much space you need to fill. Having one light source in a room might be practical but its never enough to equally brighten the entire room.
Here are 4 easy tips on how to resolve this:
TIP #1 Layer the lights
Layering your light is an effective technique to bring your interior décor to life, give it more depth and complexity when proper illumination is used. The main source of light doesn’t have to be an overhead fixture. Layering variety of lights all around the room will give the feeling of coziness and warmth.
There are three types of layering lights
- Ambient lighting
A living room, for example, should include enough ambient light to get around
- Accent lighting
Accent lighting to bring the eye to particularly impressive design elements like sculptures or paintings
- Task lighting
Task lighting can be used for reading.
TIP #2 Mix light sources
Try not to fear having a few light sources. It's smarter to blend crystal fixtures and floor lights and have a very much enlightened room than having just one light source and live in the dimness. Blending light sources is the best approach to get warm insides.
TIP #3 Use dimmers
We all know how expensive the electricity bills are so using dimmers will help you save energy and its great for setting a mood.
TIP #4 Recessed lighting
If you don’t like having a crowded ceiling suspension lightning can be a great and functional idea for bathrooms and laundry rooms. For the living room for example, floor lamps would be a great option.
- Bedside tables should not be too tall or too short
- Not having enough pillows in your bedroom can make your bedroom seem incomplete
- How to set your dining room to fit with the space
- Laying the wrong flooring for kitchens as an interior mistake
- Ways to modernize your kitchen to fit 2021 trends
- Kitchen Organization Ideas
- Your Guide To Installing Wallpaper In Your Bedroom
- 5 Types of Plants That Can Be Used In Your Bedroom
- Small Kitchen Designs
- Types of Countertops
- Reasons Why To Have A Dressing Room
- Style Your Accent Pieces
- 5 Tips to Be Productive from the Comfort of Your Home
- 5 Different Types of TV Tables
- Beige is the New Black
- Smart Storage Solutions And Modern Design Ideas For Your Small Bedroom
- Color Oriented Living Rooms
- Curtain Mistakes
- Tips For Decorating Your Kid’s Bedroom
- Different Types of Tables in a Living Room
- How to Create your Minimalist Room
- How to Widen your Living Room
- Leather Living Room Furniture
- Living Room Accent Chairs
- The Connection Between your Furniture and your Emotions
- Tips for Arranging your Living Room
- Tips to Consider when Getting a Shoe Rack
- Tips to Consider When Getting a Sofa Bed
- Hanging Art Too High
- Too Much White Lighting Can Make your Space Feel Harsh
- Decorative Elements for your Garden
- Furniture you need in your Garden
- How to Choose the Right Plants for your Garden?
- Tips for Staying Productive While Working From Home
- How to Light Up your Garden
- Sofa Bed Instead of a Regular Bed
- Interior Design Mistakes
- Buying Furniture That's Too Big or Too Small
- How to Stop Choosing the Wrong Rug Size
- Not Varying in the Heights of your Furniture
- Styling Dark Furniture in Small Spaces
- 2021 Color Trends to Take Your Home Décor to The Next Level
- How to Take Measurements of Your House
- How to maintain your outdoor patio furniture?
- 5 نصائح لتكون أكثر إنتاجية وأنت مرتاح في بيتك
- White light effect