Buying Furniture That's Too Big or Too Small
In this article, you will find some of the common mis-proportioned elements of your house and how to solve them.
Sofas can either be too big or too small. People that have small living rooms tend to get very small sofas so that there would be more space.
However, this is actually the opposite, having a small sofa shows that the room is small. Interior designers recommend that you get a sofa with a good size (not too small) to make your living room look more spacious.
On the other hand, choosing sofas that are too big also limit the space and make it seem smaller. Choose the right size sofa for your space and make your furniture float in the space rather than sticking them to the walls.
Artworks are most of the time too small for the wall, so we’ve got a rule for you to go by and make it easier for you. The rule is that your artwork should take up to 3/4 of the wall you’re placing it on.
Lighting is very often undermined and causes a lot of confusion for people. As basic as it may sound the main function of lighting is to light, so if it doesn’t fulfill this function then there’s no point in it.
Stop buying huge lanterns and small lamps and start choosing the right sizes. For example, a table lamp should be tall enough so that it would meet a person’s seated eye-level.
Check how to choose the correct size rug in our previous article How to stop choosing the wrong size rug
- Bedside tables should not be too tall or too short
- Not having enough pillows in your bedroom can make your bedroom seem incomplete
- How to set your dining room to fit with the space
- Laying the wrong flooring for kitchens as an interior mistake
- Ways to modernize your kitchen to fit 2021 trends
- Kitchen Organization Ideas
- Your Guide To Installing Wallpaper In Your Bedroom
- 5 Types of Plants That Can Be Used In Your Bedroom
- Small Kitchen Designs
- Types of Countertops
- Reasons Why To Have A Dressing Room
- Style Your Accent Pieces
- 5 Tips to Be Productive from the Comfort of Your Home
- 5 Different Types of TV Tables
- Beige is the New Black
- Smart Storage Solutions And Modern Design Ideas For Your Small Bedroom
- Color Oriented Living Rooms
- Curtain Mistakes
- Tips For Decorating Your Kid’s Bedroom
- Different Types of Tables in a Living Room
- How to Create your Minimalist Room
- How to Widen your Living Room
- Leather Living Room Furniture
- Living Room Accent Chairs
- The Connection Between your Furniture and your Emotions
- Tips for Arranging your Living Room
- Tips to Consider when Getting a Shoe Rack
- Tips to Consider When Getting a Sofa Bed
- Hanging Art Too High
- Too Much White Lighting Can Make your Space Feel Harsh
- Decorative Elements for your Garden
- Furniture you need in your Garden
- How to Choose the Right Plants for your Garden?
- Tips for Staying Productive While Working From Home
- How to Light Up your Garden
- Sofa Bed Instead of a Regular Bed
- Interior Design Mistakes
- Buying Furniture That's Too Big or Too Small
- How to Stop Choosing the Wrong Rug Size
- Not Varying in the Heights of your Furniture
- Styling Dark Furniture in Small Spaces
- 2021 Color Trends to Take Your Home Décor to The Next Level
- How to Take Measurements of Your House
- How to maintain your outdoor patio furniture?
- 5 نصائح لتكون أكثر إنتاجية وأنت مرتاح في بيتك
- White light effect